Monday 3 December 2012

New direction? Machine sewing versus hand sewing

Well last night I had a little thought - can I make some of those eco type cloth nappies?  And guess what I think I can by gosh. I will have to get the sewing machine out and give it a good dust out, it is 29 years old lol. I will also have to get out to the fabric shop for some more supplies.

I don't think I will be able to hand sew this. I have been doing a few bits of hand sewing just lately, a quilt for me, a memory quilt in memory of my niece who was murdered almost 12 months ago, some baby things like bibs for my new great nephew Chase and some door stops for Christmas presents. I like to hand sew when I can because it is therapeutic and I feel that more of the love I have for the person goes into the project.

I have had to design the patterns for the stuff I have done just lately because apart from not wanting to spend the money I have never found a pattern that is just right...

Well that is all for tonight, I will get some pics loaded another day.

Bye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment