Wednesday 12 December 2012

RIP Jessie Paula Cate 12 months today

Well it is 12 long months since my beautiful niece Jessie was taken and murdered at 15 years of age. It does not get any easier to think about her and what happened. She was the most beautiful child with a smile to warm the world. Now her smile is warming us from above. I suppose we were lucky that she was brought back home within days at least we are not worrying and looking for her in every crowd. And the b**tard who did this has faced justice, if you can call 18 years justice - but that is the best we could have got here.


Miss you and your smile Jessie everyday. Did you watch when Bec and I got your tattoo? People ask about it and we are proud to tell them it is one you designed, changed a bit for your memory of course but the basic design is yours.

♥♥♥ Love you Jessie  ♥♥♥

It has been a hard few days knowing it was the anniversary and to make it stranger the storms were back, out of season, just like when Jessie was taken.  I did not go to the public memorial because I did not think I would be able to cope. Even though I was not there the whole day I was thinking of Jessie and remembering her privately.

So after all the spinning head and emotion of the past few days I made a mess of the door stop I made - well I wanted it to be shaped like a house but I did not line it with fusable webbing so it sort of bulged, a bit like me really hehe. It now has pride of place in my laundry holding my back door so the loss of something I think others would like is my gain.  I also have not cut out the other door stop I planned to sew, now I am even further behind :( but I have finished making the pattern so hopefully that will work first time.

RIP Jessie Paula Cate 6 March 1996 - 12 December 2011





1 comment: